VivaCell GSM Network Deployment Project
In 2005 "Redinet" CJSC participated in deployment of network for VivaCell, second Armenian GSM operator. The project was implemented on turn-key basis. Over hundred employees of "Redinet" CJSC teams were occupied in procurement of materials, in electrical, civil, telecom works, construction of the sites, preparing metallic constructions, supply of power lines, installation and aligning of equipment.
Based on project files prepared for each site Redinet CJSC realized all works necessary for delivering the sites ready for use, including:
- site preparation (excavation works, removal of hydro-isolation layer for rooftops);
- manufacturing of metallic constructions (masts, cable ladders, etc.);
- civil works (concrete bases construction and mounting of metallic parts).
- electrical works (grounding system construction, cabling, installation of power boxes with breakers and other equipment);
- all telecom works (BTS, GSM antennas, MW links, IF cables and RF feeders installations, alignments and measurements).
On the other hand having several teams working simultaneously enabled us to complete up to four sites per week.
Works started in March of 2005 and first phase was completed by end of June, enabling VivaCell to launch the network officially on the 1st of July, with coverage in Yerevan and partly in regions. In this first phase over forty sites, both rooftop and greenfield, were put in operation by "Redinet" CJSC. Another thirty sites were ready by the end of the year in the second phase of the project. Up to now Redinet constructed over 30% of stations including civil, electrical, telecom works and provision of materials.
The most notable fact is that Redinet CJSC was the only subcontractor building sites on turn-key basis, covering full scope of works, from site-surveys to telecom installation, including follow-up maintenance.