Established 30 years ago, privately held RAD Data Communications is an award-winning manufacturer of cost-effective access and backhaul solutions for mobile and fixed line carriers, service providers, enterprises, government agencies, transportation systems and public utilities. Its expertise in international markets, strict adherence to quality standards, environmentally friendly operations and green manufacturing ethics, together with a corporate culture that encourages long-term relationships with customers, channels, suppliers and employees, combine to make RAD the perfect partner for all your telecommunications and data communications projects.
The Value Proposition:
For Carriers and Service Providers
- Deploy new revenue-generating NGN services with guaranteed SLAs over any access infrastructure,
- Lower OpEx by optimizing network resources,
- Protect existing legacy revenue streams by facilitating a smooth migration to new packet switched infrastructure with minimal disruption to existing customers or networks.
For Mobile Operators
- Reduce backhaul costs for 2G, 3G and 3.5G traffic,
- Prepare backhaul networks to support LTE’s high capacity and disruptive network architecture.
For Public Utilities and the Energy Sector
- Transport SCADA, smart metering, PLC, teleprotection, as well as video surveillance, voice and data over secure and reliable WAN connections,
- Facilitate migration to IP/Ethernet,
- Offer utelco services.
For the Transportation Sector
- Reduce communications costs by handling multiple types of traffic, including control and alarms, multimedia applications, video surveillance, voice and data over a reliable and integrated network,
- Enable smooth migration to packet switched networks,
- Offer telecom services.
RAD’s broad in-house technology base includes:
-Network migration and pseudowire,
- Synchronization and timing over packet,
- OAM, performance management and QoS,
- Business DSL,
- Layer 2 switching,
- Speech compression,
- ASIC and FPGA development,
- System on an SFP.
RAD is a preferred solutions provider for more than 150 carriers around the world, from Tier 1 mobile operators to fixed line incumbents, city carriers, ISPs and rural service telcos.
Customers include the industry's global leaders, from AT&T to Bell Canada, Bharti Telecom, British Telecom, China Mobile, China Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, Embratel, France Telecom, Hutchison, KDDI, KPN, Orange, Singtel, SoftBank, Sprint, Telefónica, TeliaSonera, Telstra, Telus, T-Mobile and Verizon. Beyond its strong ties with telecom providers, RAD maintains extensive relationships with enterprise network professionals in the banking, commercial, educational, energy, financial, insurance and manufacturing sectors.
Established in 1981, privately held RAD Data Communications is the anchor of the RAD Group of companies, with revenues of $1 billion in 2010.
RAD maintains 31 offices on six continents, supporting 300 sales channels in 165 countries.
Approximately 30 percent of RAD’s 1,000 employees are engaged in R&D.
RAD has a distinguished record of leadership in industry bodies such as the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), Broadband Forum, the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), and CELTIC, a EUREKA cluster that is the only European research and development program dedicated to end-to-end telecommunications solutions.
RAD was the originator of Single IP, which enables multiple users to share a common IP address for Internet access.
RAD’s pioneering TDMoIP® technology, which it introduced to the market over a decade ago, was the forerunner of today’s widely deployed pseudowire solutions.
RAD was the first vendor to miniaturize an interface converter and pseudowire gateway into an SFP.
RAD is the first vendor in the industry to win a large-scale deployment of a demarcation device with Sync-E and to demo 1588-2005 in an incumbent carrier’s test lab.